5 September 2019
Resurfacing works will begin on the A51 inner ring road in Chester early next week.
Cheshire West and Chester Council is due to start resurfacing works from Beaconsfield Street off the A51 Boughton down to Little John Street by the Amphitheatre.
These works will need a full road closure but will be carried out at night between 7.15pm and 6am to reduce disruption as much as possible.
The works will be carried out in two phases:
Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Environment, Highways and Strategic Transport Councillor Karen Shore said: “These works form part of a larger programme of resurfacing and could change if we experience bad weather. Signed diversions will be in place throughout, as well as illuminated ‘Visual Message Signs’, which will be revised as needed to keep motorists fully informed.
- Phase 1: A51 from its junction with Beaconsfield Street to the A5268 Union Street and its junction with Love Street
- Phase 2: A5268 Vicar’s Lane from its junction with Love Street to Little St. John Street.
“We apologise for any inconvenience caused by these works and our Highways teams are doing all they can to reduce the impact for motorists in the city centre.”
The current works schedule is shown below:
A51 Boughton and Union Street
- Tuesday 10 September to Thursday 12 September – Start of works
- Friday 13 to Sunday 15 September - No works
- Monday 16 and Tuesday 17 September – Lay new surfacing materials
- Tuesday 17 and Wed 18 September - New road markings
- Thursday 19 September – Completion of works
Evening bus services along the affected roads will be diverted, customers should contact their bus operator for further details.
- Friday 20 September - Start of works
- Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 September- No works
- Monday 23 September – Works continue
- Tuesday 24 September - No works
- Wednesday 25 September – Lay new surface materials
- Thurs 26 September - New road markings
- Friday 27 and Sunday 29 September - No works
- Monday 30 September - Completion of works
Discuss this article
Please see terms below before using this feature
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).
The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to email@example.com
The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service. The System Administrators make no guarantee, endorsement and accept no liability, regarding the discussion service above, including, but not limited to, its availability, accuracy, currency, content, quality or lack of objectionable or offensive content.