19 October 2017
Andy and Jaci Delooze opened their new Barista’s café at the Chester Bus Interchange this week (Wednesday 18). Their first Barista’s Coffee Co. has been trading in Watergate Street for eight and a half years.
The new café is nearly twice as large as the Watergate café with seating for 40 people plus outdoor seating.
Councillor Samantha Dixon, Leader of Cheshire West and Chester Council was one of the first people to visit: “I’d like to congratulate Andy and Jaci, their new Barista’s is the final icing on the cake for the Bus Interchange. This is the perfect addition for commuters arriving and leaving the city. I wish them the best of luck with the new business.”
Said Andy: “I’m delighted to open our second location. We will be serving similar fair to Watergate street, all freshly prepared in store from our breakfast range that includes Smashed Avocado and Eggs Benedict to a range of lunch items including sandwiches, panini, soup and jacket potatoes. We serve an extensive range of beans from Watergate Street giving people the finest coffee choice in Chester and will be looking to move this across to the new site in time."
The new Barista’s will be employing 12 new staff members and opens from 7am until 7pm Monday - Saturday and 9.30am until 4pm on Sundays.
This week’s opening marks the completion of the Bus Interchange including road works on Northgate and George Street to improve bus movements and the opening of Station News in the summer.
The Bus Interchange opened in May and operates 24 hours a day, staffed between 6.15am until 11pm Monday to Saturday and 6.15am until 9pm on Sunday.
There are 13 bus stands supporting an average of 90 buses per hour (there are less services operating between 10pm and 6am). Information screens provide passengers with a live feed for bus arrivals, including a screen in the new Barista's cafe.
The free shuttle bus service running from the Interchange to the Town Hall and Chester Market has proved to be very popular attracting 27,000 passengers since June, the accessible buses run every 15 minutes from 8am to 6pm.
The Interchange features:
- Fully trained staff to offer assistance
- Free customer WiFi
- Customer Services office fitted with hearing induction loop
- Closed Circuit TV for personal security
- Directional signage throughout the facility, Colour contrasting seating, bins and timetable displays
- 13 LCD screens displaying real time or scheduled information located above each stand door. Information Point at the entrance to the facility displaying bus, rail and park and ride services
- 16 timetable display boards showing timetables and general information such as lost property, health and safety, tourist map
- Shopmobility telephone information point
- Real Time Information
- RNIB 'Map for All' (Tactile Maps)
- Ladies Toilets/Baby Changing. Men’s Toilets/Baby Changing
- Accessibility Toilets/Baby Changing
- Changing Places Facility
- Tactile paving for blind and visually impaired passengers
- Coffee shop and Newsagent. Cycle Storage
- Rest room for staff and drivers. Air / Noise monitoring equipment
- Flat and easily accessible facility
Discuss this article
Please see terms below before using this feature
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).
The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to email@example.com
The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service. The System Administrators make no guarantee, endorsement and accept no liability, regarding the discussion service above, including, but not limited to, its availability, accuracy, currency, content, quality or lack of objectionable or offensive content.