Temporary prohibition of traffic
Notice is hereby given pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 that the Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council intend to make an Order the effect of which will be to temporarily prohibit/restrict traffic on the following length of road in Chester City Ward to enable Carriageway Resurfacing works to be carried out by Cheshire West and Chester Council
Nothing in the Order shall prevent driving upon the said lengths of road of any vehicle which is being used for the conveyance of persons goods or merchandise to or from any premises situate on or adjacent to the lengths of road or in connection with agriculture building construction works of repair and the like or use in an emergency of vehicles for fire brigade ambulance or police purposes. A through route will not always be available and any vehicles not requiring access to properties on the length of road should use the alternative routes.
- Road closure of: A483 Grosvenor Road and Overleigh Roundabout
The Order will come into force on 18 March 2018 and will continue in force for a period not exceeding eighteen months or until the works which it is proposed to carry out have been completed whichever is the earlier. It is anticipated that the works will take approximately 8 nights to complete.
Traffic should proceed via:
Alternative routes for through traffic
From Chester City via (and vice versa):
Kieran Collins (Ref TRO 3686 )
- Grosvenor Road, Grosvenor Roundabout, Nicholas Street, St Martins Way, Fountains Roundabout, St Oswalds Way, Hoole Way Roundabout, City Road Gyratory, A51 Boughton, Tarvin Road/Christleton Road/Whitchurch Road, Sainsburys Roundabout, A55 Chester Southerly By-pass
- For A483 Wrexham Road (Chester Business Park/Nuffield) exit at the A55/A483 Post House Roundabout
- For Saltney/Lache exit at A55 Broughton
- For Handbridge- No access via Overleigh Roundabout - access via Lower Bridge Street and follow diversion above
- For Lache Lane - No Access via Overleigh Roundabout - access to Hough Green/Saltney and follow diversion above
Guilden Sutton Lane
Cheshire CH3 &EX
Telephone: 0300 123 7036
Discuss this article
Please see terms below before using this feature
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).
The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org
The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service. The System Administrators make no guarantee, endorsement and accept no liability, regarding the discussion service above, including, but not limited to, its availability, accuracy, currency, content, quality or lack of objectionable or offensive content.