1 April 2021
Home COVID-19 testing kits are available to collect at sites across Cheshire West and Chester.
Kits can be picked up from Cheshire West and Chester Council no-symptoms testing centres and a number of libraries across the borough.
The home testing kits are currently available for people who live with or share a bubble with children or staff who attend nursery, school or college.
The new Community Collect points include:
Residents can also collect home testing kits from the Mobile Library Van in the following locations:
- COVID-19 no symptoms testing centre at Stanney Oaks Leisure Centre, in Ellesmere Port, from 9am to 7pm Monday to Friday, and from 9am to 1pm on Saturdays
- COVID-19 no symptoms testing centre at Winsford Lifestyle Centre, in Winsford, from 9am to 7pm Monday to Friday, and from 9am to 1pm on Saturdays
- COVID-19 no symptoms testing centre at Chester Cathedral, (once opened from 7 April) 9am to 7pm Monday to Friday, and from 9am to 1pm on Saturdays
- Northwich Library, in Witton Street, from 10am to 1pm on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- Neston Library, in Parkgate Road, from 10am to 1pm on Mondays and Saturdays and from 2pm to 5pm on Thursdays
- Frodsham Library, in Princeway, from 2pm to 5pm on Mondays and from 10am to 1pm on Thursdays and Saturdays.
Currently, home test kits are still available at the existing collection points at the borough's five Local Testing Sites, including:
- Tarporley Community Centre, from 2pm to 4pm on Mondays
- Malpas - Bishop Heber High School car park from 4pm to 6pm on Tuesdays
- Tattenhall Barbour Institute from 2pm to 4pm on Wednesdays
- Tarvin Community Centre, from 2pm to 4pm on Thursdays
At present, the Local Testing Sites are open from 2.30pm to 8pm to pick up tests, but this is subject to change. To check the opening times of the Local Testing Sites visit: find-covid-19-rapid-test-sites.maps.test-and-trace.nhs.uk.
- Little Roodee Testing Centre, in Chester
- Queensway Testing Centre, in Winsford
- Sealand Road Park and Ride Testing Centre, in Chester
- The Old Depot Testing Centre, in Northwich
- Wellington Road Testing Centre, in Ellesmere Port.
Ian Ashworth, Director of Public Health at Cheshire West and Chester Council, said: "One in three people with COVID-19 do not show any symptoms and could be spreading the virus without knowing it.
"As restrictions gradually start to ease it becomes even more important for us all to take advantage of these free home testing kits so that we can test ourselves regularly for peace of mind and stop the spread of Coronavirus."
If you receive a positive result from a home testing kit you will need to book a confirmatory test at one of the five Local Testing Sites by visiting: nhs.uk/coronavirus or calling: 119. You only need to self-isolate if you test positive with the confirmatory test.
If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, including a cough that will not stop, a high temperature or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste you must self-isolate immediately and book a test by visiting: nhs.uk/coronavirus or calling: 119.
The Council also advises residents to book a test as a precaution if you have other symptoms that may be related to COVID-19.
These can include shortness of breath, muscle or body aches, fatigue, sore throat, headache, nasal congestion or runny nose, diarrhoea, nausea or vomiting. However, it is important to remember that these are very common symptoms, and most people who have these symptoms will not have COVID-19.
Book a test by visiting: nhs.uk/coronavirus or by calling: 119. When booking choose the option that the local council has asked you to get a test. If you only have these wider symptoms, you do not need to self-isolate unless you test positive for COVID-19.
For more information visit: cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/coronavirus and click on COVID-19 testing.
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).
The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to email@example.com
The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service. The System Administrators make no guarantee, endorsement and accept no liability, regarding the discussion service above, including, but not limited to, its availability, accuracy, currency, content, quality or lack of objectionable or offensive content.