BURGLARY ALERT - Beechcroft Drive, Whitby
THIEVES ARE OPERATING IN YOUR AREA
A property on Beechcroft Drive was discovered to have scorch marks around the lock/handle area of the rear door on Sunday 29th September. The damage is believed to have been caused by an unsuccessful attempt to gain entry into the property.
The residents recalled hearing a noise around 3am but had found nothing untoward at that time. A resident has reported seeing 2 males on bikes 'acting a bit strangely' and cycling around the end of the cul-de-sac during the early hours of the morning. CCTV checks in the area show two males on bikes cycling along the road at around 2.45am.
If you live in within this area and have CCTV or Dash Cam footage please can you check it for anything of relevance around this time and get back to us.
This can be done by calling 101 or via https://cheshire.police.uk/contact/general-enquiries
Please quote IML 526164 in any response.
Many burglars are opportunists, so take the appropriate steps in your home to help prevent you becoming a victim of crime.
· Use automatic timers to switch on lights when you are out.
· Fit outdoor lights with movement sensors.
· Keep valuables out of sight of windows.
· Close and lock all doors and windows when you go out .
· Keep keys out of sight.
· Lock all side and rear gates.
· Have an alarm fitted and make sure it is working correctly.