BURGLARY ALERT – Deeside, Whitby
THIEVES ARE OPERATING IN YOUR AREA
Between the hours of 10.30pm on Tuesday 15th and 6.45am on Wednesday 14th October unknown offender/s have accessed the main property, having forced entry into an integral garage by damaging the door. A search has been made of the ground floor area and a television (still in its box), laptop and two mobile phones have been taken.
The offender/s have then taken the keys to a white, Chevrolet Trax LT, MF14 EXG and the vehicle. – It is believed the offenders have left the area driving towards Chester Road, Whitby.
If you live in this area and have CCTV or Dash Cam footage please can you check it for anything of relevance around this time and get back to us.
This can be done by calling 101 or via https://cheshire.police.uk/contact/general-enquiries
Please quote IML 540244 in any response.
Many burglars are opportunists, so take the appropriate steps in your home to help prevent you becoming a victim of crime.
· Use automatic timers to switch on lights when you are out.
· Fit outdoor lights with movement sensors.
· Keep valuables out of sight of windows.
· Close and lock all doors and windows when you go out.
· Keep keys out of sight.
· Lock all side and rear gates.
· Have an alarm fitted and make sure it is working correctly.