Chester Road, Whitby - Theft from Motor Vehicle
THIEVES ARE OPERATING IN YOUR AREA
A report was received on Thursday 16th July of a theft from motor vehicle.
The theft occurred on Monday 13th July between 9am and 5pm.
A Lexus RX400, which had been parked on the car park in front of 'Ellesmere Port Hospital' had its catalytic convertor removed and taken. CCTV enquiries are continuing at the hospital and surrounding areas. Did you see any suspicious activity?
If you live in this area and have any CCTV or dash Cam footage, please can you check it for anything of relevance around this time and if so get in touch.
This can be done by calling 101 or via https://cheshire.police.uk/contact/general-enquiries
Please quote IML 755832 in any response.
Many thefts are committed by opportunists. By taking simple measures to protect your property you can prevent becoming a victim of crime.
· Car Alarms – Although they cannot physically prevent the theft of or from your vehicle they are a powerful deterrent. Some alarms can also come with an alerting system if they are activated.
· Steering locks / gearstick & handbrake locks – Although not impenetrable it increases the time taken to steal a car. They can also be a visual deterrent so criminals may move on to find an easier target.
· Secure Parking - If your home has a driveway, or better still a garage, then use it. Cars parked off the road are far less likely to be stolen than those parked on the road. If not try to park in a well-lit area.
· Hide valuables – DON’T leave items on display. Ensure any items of value are removed from the vehicle or hidden out of site.
· LOCK YOUR CAR – Always check windows / doors / sunroofs are secure before leaving your vehicle, even if you are doing so for a very short while.